Gigi is specialized in custom made artistry. During her make-up sessions she shows you how beautiful you already are and how to highlight your best assets. As Gigi says: “ Being happy with your personal style enlarges your confidence”. I interviewed her regarding her personal beauty rituals, exiting projects and beauty tips for woman.
MOYM: Gigi, how long have you been in the beauty industry?
GB: 24 years
MOYM: What exciting project are you working on at the moment?
GB: I am preparing for my ‘Camera Ready’ project. By working together with a professional photographer we will be providing picture perfect profile pictures concentrating on the business area A good and fresh looking profile picture can say so much about you, and therefore essential. Especially men think they can get away with a snapshot.
Training teams of several private perfumeries. With my training institute I provide custom made training trajects. An incidental training is nice but you can get gain much more results on long term if its carefully planned. Especially these days a training is very important and maximum result can easily be reached without too much investment.
I am happy to say that in the October issue of Jan Magazine an announcement will be made. Readers can book a (gift) workshop for a special price.
MOYM: What is your personal beauty ritual?
GB: Do you have a minute? 😉 I cleanse my skin with the Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser and the complementing lotion. For daytime I love to wear the Perfectionist CP + Serum. For night-time I use the Advanced Night Repair Recovery Complex. My favourite eye crème is the Renutriv Ultimate Lift Age Correcting Eye crème and as a moisturizer I use the ik Revitalising Supreme Global Anti-Aging Crème. Everything is by Estee Lauder, luckily I work close to the source. Furthermore I love hand crème’s and bodylotions.
MOYM: Which make-up products you can’t live without?
GB: Double Wear Light Foundation, Ideal Light Concealer en Pure Color Blush Peach Passion.
MOYM: Which designers or photographers have you worked with?
GB: For example: Frans Molenaar, Addy van den Krommenacker, photographer Lars Beekman, Ingrid Simons photography and any others. Every single one of them has their own speciality and I can get really impressed by expertise and professionalism.
MOYM: Name three of your favourite Estee Lauder products and why:
GB: It’s so difficult to choose.
1) Illuminating Perfecting Primer, unfortunately only available at the Bijenkorf counters. It gives a beautiful depth to the skin. I think it’s perfect solution for woman who have long working days and want to look amazing throughout the day.
2) Renutriv Ultimate Radiance Foundation; amazing nature true, color adapting hues. The foundation has a dream structure that can achieve refining results on the skin.
3) Invisible Powder Make-up. This powder probably doesn’t look like what you’re used to. It a high-tech product
MOYM: Name 3 easy to apply make-up tricks for every day women.
1) Mix some serum with foundation for a rested no make-up effect.
2) After you have enhanced the eyes with eye makeup, use the sponge on the other end of the eye pencil, or use an applicator. Swipe it through a dark eye shadow and draw a fine eyeliner near the lash line. I can’t go wrong and stays put all day.
3) Just before applying gloss or lipstick color the lips with a lip pencil. The most important is to use a lip brush to smudge the pencil. This looks better, stys in place longer an makes all the difference.
MOYM: Where do you want to be in three to five years?
GB: I have set all kinds of professionalising steps in motion, no doubt that business has grown tremendously. Furthermore I would love to experience a holiday with my partner and children where teen girls and boys can experience a holiday where everyone can do their ‘favourite’ thing. Otherwise we’ll all go to Paris.
MOYM: If there was only one thing you could take on holiday, what would that be?
GB: A beautiful book.
A sneek peek of Ggig’s work: