Do you recognize those days where you have second thoughts whether or not to wash your hair? Or when your hair is a bit greasy but you are running out of time to wash it in the morning?
For many women, dry shampoo is the perfect solution. In contrast to regular shampoo, dry shampoo absorbs sebum (rather than rinsing it away) and is brushed out, leaving your hair cleaner and lighter.
When & Why would you use dry shampoo?
Dry Shampoo is perfect to use during your regular hair washes (is not a replacement of washing your hair), before going out a night or to freshen up your hair.
A positive side effect is that it creates extra volume as it dries your hair. So if you don’t have the time to wash your hair, but your hair is a bit oily… dry shampoo might be the answer for you!
How to use dry shampoo:
1. Brush your hair – there should be no tangles in your hair
2. Apply the dry shampoo – add about a tablespoon of the shampoo on top of your hair and massage it throughout your scalp. Then brush your hair for a equal distribution of the shampoo.
3. Wait – Leave in the shampoo for 5-10 minutes. If you have oily hair, wait a bit longer.
4. Brush shampoo out your hair – Turn your head upside down and brush the powder out of your hair. It is possible to use a hair dryer to help the process along.
Some great dry shampoos:
– Schwarzkopf Dry Shampoo Spray Fresh
– Kevin Murphy Fresh Hair
– Batiste Dry Shampoo
– Keune Volume Instant Refreshing
– Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder White (also available in Blonde and Red)
– Tigi Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo