In my mind it is almost spring but unfortunately we are still dealing with freezing moments of this winter. Styling your hair is no picnic during winter. Therefore I am sharing a few winter tips to have your hair looking soft and shiny this spring.
1. Daily use of conditioner – use your conditioner daily or at least 2-3 times a week instead of once a week. Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
2. Avoid heat tools – one of my favorite hair styles for the winter is straight hair or waves which is a result of using the flat iron or curl iron. Despite the lovely result, try to create curls by braiding your hair when it is wet or air-dry your hair.
3. Wash hair with cold water – As hot water dries out your hair, wash and rinse your hair with cold water. Did you know that you lock-in your conditioner by washing your hair with cold water?
4. Hot Oil Treatments – Apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil directly on damp hair and wrap it with a hotel towel.
5. My favorite fashion tip: cover your head – the dry air tends to drain the moisture contained in the scalp and makes your hair dry and frizzy.
Try to spoil your scalp and hair with at least two treatments mentioned above and your hair is ready for the spring!
By Santusha Kana